As if I don't already have enough hobbies...


beginner's woodcarving kit from http://www.woodcraft.com/

Seriously, I don't know how my husband puts up with me.  I sketch, paint (every medium, but oil is my favorite),quilt, general sewing, some print work, crafts such as card making, love to do ceramics, dabble in pottery, letterpress etc, you get the idea.  Now I have the sudden urge to try wood carving.  I don't know why, but I do know that if something like this pops into my head it won't go away.  I have to try it!  So, some elementary wood carvings may also be featured at Worthen's Merc. 

Stitches and Flattery set from ohmeohmy design
www.etsy.com/shop/OhmeohmyDesign
As far as progress on the shop, I've been doing my homework and I'm happy to report that I can list my items that were rescued from second hand shops and rehabilitated as upcycled items!  I wasn't quite sure on the policies, but someone from the wonderful Etsy staff was kind enough to reassure me that it is kosher.  I'm still trying to decide on a banner and if I want to try making it myself, or if I want to save some grief, spend some money and have some talented Etsian do it for me.  I'm a huge fan of OhmeohmyDesign, so I'm seriously debating on having them  do my banner & such for me, they are so talented!  I am so excited (and scared) for January to come around, I am hoping with every fiber of my being that with hard work and perseverance I can make this shop a success on even a very small level.

Random Worthen's trivia: the store had a nice big Sweets Candy selection.  Unfortunately my family has a renowned sweet tooth and ate most of the profits from that section of the store.
 



Comments

Popular Posts